Back to the list
John Van Sims
Member of the Board of Directors of JSC Ilim Group
- John Sims has worked in the paper industry since 1994 when he joined International Paper. Prior to that he was with the U.S. Navy for seven years.
- He holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the U.S. Naval Academy and an MBA from the University of Michigan.
- He has been an Officer of the company since 2008 when he was appointed as vice president Strategic Planning for International Paper. He then served as vice president Finance & Strategy for the company’s North American Industrial Packaging business before assuming general management responsibility for the US Imaging Papers business, and then for the North American Papers division.
- He became vice president and general manager, European Papers in March 2016 and prior to that served as the vice president & general manager for the company’s North American Papers business since 2014. Currently, John serves as senior vice president & president, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Russia.
- Since October 2016, John Van Sims is Member of the Board of Directors, JSC Ilim Group.