Back to the list
Chairman of the Board of Directors of JSC Ilim Group
- Graduated from the Leningrad Technological Institute of Pulp and Paper Industry. Following post-graduate studies, worked at a scientific research institute.
- In 1992, together with a group of aspiring businessmen founded a forest products company Ilim Pulp Enterprise, which was reorganized into ZAO Ilim Pulp Enterprise in 1996. As its General Director, created Russia's largest vertically-integrated forest products corporation.
- In 2001, Zakhar Smushkin was elected the Chairman of the Board of Directors of ZAO Ilim Pulp Enterprise.
- Member of the Management Board of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, serves on the Board of Trustees of the St. Petersburg State Technological Institute of Polymers, and is a member of the Presidium of the Confederation of Timber Industrialists of North-Western Russia.
- In 2003, Zakhar Smushkin was awarded an honorary doctorate from the St. Petersburg Forestry Engineering Academy.
- Since 2006, Zakhar Smushkin is Chairman of the Board of Directors, JSC Ilim Group.